Religious Education Programme
Religious Education is a core study from Years 7 – 12 and at all levels has parity in terms of curriculum time with other Learning Areas.
Through their studies in Religious Education we hope that students:
- Develop an understanding of Scripture, our Catholic Tradition and the Church’s teaching.
- Develop the skills to make decisions about values and lifestyle based on the Catholic tradition from which they come.
- See faith as a gift from God and an invitation to a lifelong journey of discovery.
- Develop the capacity to evaluate critically and from within a Christian context their world of the 21st century.
- Have the opportunity to experience prayer and reflection, celebrate the sacraments and participate in the life of the Church.
- Have opportunities to live out Christian values through concrete and practical action.