Vision for Learning and Teaching
At Catholic Regional College St Albans, we strive for excellence in learning and teaching.
We value every student and believe that each one can reach his / her potential given sufficient time, support and opportunity. We know that students learn best in a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment and understand the importance of fostering a strong sense of self in a world that is rapidly changing.
It is the right of every individual to learn. We are committed to ensuring that learning and teaching inspire and preserve the spirit of the person.
We believe in:
- the importance of knowing each student as a learner and as a person.
We believe that:
- learning is a collective responsibility.
- teachers need to be passionate about their discipline area and model life-long learning.
- high expectations create high achievers.
- learning should be engaging and challenging
- learning should encourage curiosity, risk-taking and creativity.
- the learning environment needs to be responsive to each student’s needs.
- instruction is most effective when it is personalised.
- regular and effective feedback allows students to refine and further develop their skills and knowledge, and celebrate success.
- students need to experience relevant and authentic curriculum that enables them to become active global citizens.
- strong partnerships between the school, home and community are essential for the social, emotional and intellectual development of our students.