Welcome to our Year 8 Family Night.
Below is a summary of the key points of the presentation.
The pastoral team for 2022 are:
- Yr 8 Level Leader: Ms Stella Alexopoulos
- 8 Attard: Mrs Sangeeta Arora & Mr Peter Danger
- 8 Edison: Ms Marcelle Gusman & Mr Tung Phan
- 8 Clark: Mr James Younan & Ms Brenda Williams
- 8 Hollows: Mr Justin Mead & Ms Giselle Grant
As a pastoral team vision for year 8 students is for them to:
- Develop as a CRC Learner. To build relationships, character, resilience and confidence.
- Understand the emotions of themselves and others.
- Explore wellbeing strategies that build resilience, emotional self-management and wellbeing.
- Serve others and their community through the Particip8 Program. Students are assigned duties such as gates, flags, feeding of fish, food bank, recycling etc.
The Year 8 camp will take place on Wednesday 30th March to Friday 1st April.
Every measure will be taken to manage COVID risk. All staff and students are to follow COVID safe protocols such as hygiene (washing hands/sanitizing), maintaining density limits and wearing masks indoors, and where social distancing is not possible.
- To maintain bubbles there will be a maximum of 15 students per group, with one teacher and one facilitator per group.
- All staff and students must complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on the morning of the camp (Wednesday 30 March) and after the weekend of the camp (Monday 04 April) to confirm they are COVID free.
- If any student presents with flu-like symptoms on camp, they will be required to complete a RAT. If they are positive, they will be returned to school and are expected to seek a PCR test as soon as possible.
- Meals will be served by hospitality staff and consumed outdoors where possible. Seating will be allocated per group in separate venues/areas.
- Bathroom and toilet facilities will be allocated to groups and will be used by the specified group for the duration of the camp.
To ensure you feel comfortable about your child attending we are offering the following options for year 8 camp:
Option 1: (Day Stay) Students attend the camp for the day and go home in the afternoon.
Option 2: (Cabin Stay) Students attend the camp as per normal and sleep in cabins (total of 3 students per cabin).
If you have any questions please ask your child to type the question in the chat during the meet.